i’ve only managed to stomach 3 tablespoons so far… i’ve mixed one with lemon water, then mixed two with plain yogurt.
i just read that freezing it also helps the taste, so i’m gonna try that.
other than that, the only cheat i had was some pistachios. i did this because they tell you to have some sea salt as well, but my roommate took our sea salt home :( the pistachios had sea salt too, though, and no added sugars or anything.
meh. my joints already hurt and i feel woozy. no diarrhea or anything though.
I’m starting this today! It’s basically replacing all food with coconut oil for 3-7 days and it does magical things because coconut oil is magical. I am also supposed to drink a ton of water and eat plain yogurt if anything. No sugar, no carbs, nada.
So I am now halfway through “breakfast” which is 2 tablespoons f the stuff.
It’s like butter with a hint of coconut.
It’s nasty. I gag no matter how I try to take it.
But I’m going to do this.
so anyone following my calorie counter right now probably thinks i’m losing my mind. 700 calories off thurs, and no workouts till today.
so funny story…
thursday i was about to go downstairs to go work out, and my little brother was going to help me up off the floor cause i was so sleepy. long story short, he stepped on my finger and broke it and uprooted the nail.
i;m in hell right now. typing this was kind of a test to see if i could manage. yeah… looks like i’ll be requesting a few extensions on papers.
4 sets of ab/arms (this consists of leg lifts, crunches, sit crunches, side twists, and a few light weight arm workouts. I’ll describe this in more detail some other post.)
3 workouts during week, 1 on weekend:
1 hourlong cardio sesh
1 30-45 minute run
1 30 cardio sesh with at least 2 of the ab/arm sets
1 do whatever the heck you want workout (fitness classes count)
Food: MAINTAIN CALORIES omg seriously. And not this bullshit where I forget/am too busy to eat all day then at dinner I eat EVERYTHING. Eat breakfast every day, salad one meal a day.
Water: 3 brita bottles a day, 4 on cardio days
Other Intake: Vitamin D, Vitamin B, and Multivitamin every day. 3 cups of green tea. 3 cups of black coffee.
General Wellness: at least 15 minutes of stretching or meditating, 3 times a week. Sleep 8 hours (preferably from 12-8 or 1-9, to keep consistency) most nights.
Maybe everyone’s been doing it for the past 500 years but I just figured it out so I’m like super pumped and feelin all intelligent n shit.
Basically, I’m not a huge fan of salad dressing to begin with, but I’m also not a fan of eating plain lettuce like a freakin rabbit.
SO what I do now, is I’ll get a salad with all kinds of tasty veggies (my favorite is romaine, carrots, and tomato cause I like how colorful and sweet it is) and I either get cheese or tuna or something that is easy to break up into little pieces on it, spread it all around, and it gives extra flavor in every bite.
And sure, calories are still there but so is protein, calcium, etc. It’s not just fatty oily nonsense.
Like I said, people have probably been doing this for ages but like whatever I feel smart.
i’ve been having a lot of crazy digestive issues, and my diet/exercise is off. overall, i’ve been feeling pretty bleh lately. i could benefit from improving things
so, i’m going to do a cleanse the entire month of january, and then slowly add things back into my diet in february to see how i…
reblogging for the list of things to do before/during cleanse
with bad news.
Due to having to go on birth control for scary crazy medical reasons, and also probably the fact that I didn’t have a meal plan (so I was really discouraged to buy healthy food and therefore often ate spoonfulls of peanut butter) over the summer, I bounced back up about 14 pounds :(
I also do believe a lot of it is muscle though, because I was running a LOT and I feel a lot stronger. And a lot more fit in general. Hard to tell sometimes though. Still feels discouraging.
I also will def be weighing myself when i start the sugar pill of my birth control because there’s definitely a difference vs. when I’m on the hormone pill.
Oh well. I’ve lost more weight than this, I can do it now.
“World’s healthiest cookie” 6 calories per bite!
The World’s Healthiest Cookie
This dough takes two minutes to whip up, so in under 10 minutes, you can be scarfing down delicious coconut flour cookies. And really, check out these stats!
- *Update: There has been some question about the nutritional info, and for clarification, these having only 6 calories each is based upon a bite-sized cookie. If you only make 8 cookies out of this recipe to make them more traditional sized, they will have about 15 calories each. Still a calorie bargain, if you ask me!
- Per bite based on 16 bites
- Calories: 6 (about 8 or 9 with chocolate chips)
- Fat: <0.5 grams
- 2 Tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 Tablespoon mashed banana or applesauce (I prefer banana. Personally, I think applesauce gives them too much of an apple-y taste. That’s just me.)
- pinch salt
- stevia or other sweetener, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 Tablespoon almond milk, or milk of choice
- chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, mix coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in masked banana or applesauce and stir.
- Add in almond milk, one tablespoon at a time until fully incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by tablespoon or teaspoon, depending on how big you want them, on a parchment lined baking sheet. (I used a silicone mat.)
- Flatten the dough into cookie shapes.
- Bake in the oven at 350F for 10 minutes.
- Let cool before scarfing them all down.
- By the way, you are allowed to eat the entire batch! ;)
(Source: pumpkin-iron, via thismakesmedurable)
I love when food is personified.
We present this post from the archives as a public service to Justin Bieber, who—according to “Boyfriend”—apparently thinks fondue is sexy. Not so much, Biebs.
10. Bruschetta. No engineer would design an appetizer like bruschetta. You…
After a few days of sticking at like 149, my body is finally starting to settle back in. This morning I weighed in at 145, which makes a lot more sense to me.
And now I’m going running.